- Description: I created a full-bleed, 8.5 by 11, photodesign project that includes an original, quality image, a consistent color scheme based from that image, with some text, and a few design elements.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I used Photoshop CC to create a design for an image I took with a Canon Rebel DSLR camera. I set up the photo shoot outdoors at about 9 o’clock in the morning. I used a yellow-monochromatic color scheme to keep the design clean and elegant. The yellow hues were selected from the photo. I varied the typography to create contrast and interest.
- Message: The message is a common phrase which basically means make the most out of whatever life throws at you.
- Audience: The audience is youth and up.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned that good lighting is important to get a good shot with shadows that create depth.
- Color scheme and color names: The colors in this design are all yellow-monochromatic: pale yellow, medium yellow, and bright yellow along with black and white.
- Title Font Name & Category: The title font is a san serif called Neutra Display in Medium and also a script called Euphoria.
- Copy Font Name & Category: The copy font is also Neutra Display, a sans serif.