This is a spiritual poster montage created by blending at least two images together and using typography.
- After determining my spiritual message, I sketched ideas of how to display that message visually. I searched for images of solitude and despair. I selected the image of the hiker because it shows her alone in the vast world where she might feel insignificant. I also liked the white space in the photo, and the size worked well.
- I used Photoshop CC for the entire project.
- First I enlarged the photo in increments, and then cropped it to 8.5 x 11 inches.
- I created a texture layer over the photo using Texturizer from the Filter Gallery. This gives it the canvas look. I decided the rocks had enough texture, so I used a mask to subtract the texture from the lower left corner.
- I brightened up the hiker just a little using a Levels mask.
- Next I placed the photo of Jesus Christ in the upper right corner. I resized the photo and flipped it horizontally for better leading. Then I blended the image into the hiker image.
- The stars at the top of the montage come from another photo blended in over the top of the hiker and the Savior.
- Using three text boxes I added the message, title, and credit.
The message is we are all important to our Creator. We may feel like a speck in the cosmos, but we all matter to Him.
The audience is youth to adults.
Top Thing Learned:
I learned how to access all the different layer styles in Photoshop.
Filter / Colorization used and where it was applied:
I added Texturizer from the Filter Gallery to the main image, subtracting it from the rocky foreground.
Color scheme and color names:
Split Complementary color scheme: Blue, Orange, and Red
Title Font Name & Category:
Copy Font Name & Category:
Gil Sans Regular, Sans Serif
Thumbnails of Images used:
Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site):
- http://www.gettyimages.com – Getty Images Creative #157945814: A female backpacking in the mountains. Credit: Jordan Siemens.
Comments are appreciated.